- Ausbike Map
- Trade Directory
- New Products
- My Account
- Survey 2012
Address:222 Exhibition Street
Phone:(03) 9641 1444
The WorkHealth initiative is all about improving the health and wellbeing of Victorian workers and enabling employers to create safe, health promoting workplaces.
Building on WorkSafe Victoria's strong record of ensuring all Victorian workers return home safe each day, WorkHealth aims to promote health, safety and resilience for Victorian workers to enjoy a high quality of life and contribute to a thriving Victoria.
WorkHealth is brought to you by WorkSafe Victoria and is part of the Victorian Government's plan to improve the health of the Victorian workers and the productivity of workplaces.
The initiative targets the relationship between chronic disease and workplace injury, using the workplace as a setting to:
- Educate workers about the state of their health and risk of developing chronic disease, and provide pathways to better health
- Empower employers to value worker health as a key to successful business, and provide a working environment that encourages positive health choices
WorkHealth aims to support Victorian workplaces by offering voluntary programs to promote health and wellbeing, and give up to 2.6 million workers across the state the opportunity to participate.
Over the life of the initiative, Victorian employers will have access to:
- WorkHealth checks – offering workers a free and confidential health check which helps them understand their risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
- Workplace programs – providing information, tools and resources to support businesses in developing an effective workplace health promotion program. We also help you identify and access suitable existing programs to address specific health risks in your workplace. These services and resources are available to all businesses.
- Workplace health promotion grants - employers who have offered health checks to the majority of their workers in the past two years can access a grant to expand existing workplace activities.
For an overview of WorkHealth's program structure, objectives and offerings view the WorkHealth Strategic Framework 2010-12.
Product Categories and Brands: